A blog full of family ramblings, my favourite photos and things I find intersting..enjoy!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year challanges

 One huge challenge I have borrowed from my friend  Amber


To fill up my 'Experiences' money pot, by refusing to spend money on anything unnecessary in 2011.  This is my biggest challenge, but also my biggest excitement!

I'm making plans to use up a big chunk of my craft supplies; to make every single birthday and Christmas card by hand with the paper and stuff I have; to make do with my cupboard full of sheets, doona covers, towels and pillow slips; to use all my bowls, dishes, plates and mugs without replacing a single one; to limit my spending to food and basic household supplies only; and to wear, with pride, every single piece of clothing in my cupboard.   I have too many nice dresses that sit waiting for a 'nice day out'.  I'm going to make them a part of my everyday wardrobe.  

Anytime I'm tempted to spend, whether it be in the shopping mall (I'm going to seriously limit my visits) or the local fete/op shop (I don't need any more wooden or glass bowls ever!), I'm going to stop myself and make a point of putting these coins/dollars into my 'experiences' fund.  
And on weekends, we are going to visit more parks, more museums, more art galleries, more festivals, more workshops and more friends!  With home-made picnic food in tow!
 
How liberating......thanks Amber xx
funny little pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment