A blog full of family ramblings, my favourite photos and things I find intersting..enjoy!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

organised?

It's a funny time of year, feeling relaxed and in holiday mode with the kids but underneath craving a routine and some order. 
Some days we are all a little lost with no direction and nothing planned to do. I don't think this is a bad thing.  My good friend Julie once told me it was good for children to be bored in the holidays, it showed they had totally relaxed and destressed. 
Most of the year it is full on with school and sport and study and jobs and responsibilities so to be bored is a good thing.
Tonight I opened my new 2011 family organiser calendar, that in itself is exciting to me with all the blank pages waiting to be filled with family life.  I tranfered some dates onto the january page, orthodontist, school start and uniform shop, then a couple on february but the rest of the year is a comforting blank.
I love stationary - notebooks, folders, spiral bound books, diaries, notelets and actually any paper product.  I have bits and pieces spread around the house and this year I have a desire to actually USE some of it.  All the cards I have put away for special things - USE them.  The notebooks and diaries - USE them for journaling.
Pretty things are mean't to be shared and that's what I'd like to start doing too. 
Sending friends a little card or note to say "Hi, I care about you".
These thoughts are in my head often but it's the following through that doesn't eventuate.
This year I'm going to really try.......

No comments:

Post a Comment